Frequently Asked Questions
1. Software download, installation & system requirements
1. Unable to download the Create & Print software?
Possible reasons why you are struggling to download the Create & Print software:
- Your browser is out of date – please update your browser and try again;
- Incompatible browser for the website – try a different browser
**We recommend Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome;
- Check your internet connection;
- Clear your browser cache;
- Restore your browser settings to default;
- Change your browser ‘default’ file download folder;
- Firewall and/or Antivirus – depending on the configuration it could prevent the download of .exe or .dmg files, especially on a work network. Please speak to your IT / Network person to allow access.
1.1 What versions of Windows does the Create & Print software work on?
Our software is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10 Operating Systems.
1.2. Can I use the Create & Print software on my Mac?
Yes, we have a Mac version of our Create & Print layout software. The software is compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and higher.
1.3. What are the minimum System Requirements needed to use Create & Print software?
The minimum system requirements to use our software are:
- Mac OSX 10.6 or higher; Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10
- 2.66 GHz processor or above
- 2 GB or more RAM
- 5 GB or more free hard disk space at all time
- An active internet connection
- When uploading your project to our server, we recommend a fast broadband internet connection. We strongly recommend against using a satellite, dial-up or wireless connection since this could cause uploading issues.
NB* Please make sure that you are not installing the software on a computer that has the ‘My Documents Folder’ located on a server. If this is the case, every time you are not connected to the server, you will not be able to locate your Create & Print projects or be able to save them.
1.4. How do I download and install the layout software?
- Before you can start a project, you will need to download the Create & Print layout software from our website www.ormsprintroom.co.za
- The software is also available to copy in store at Orms Print Room, Orms Central & Orms Bellville.
- Windows – your browser will prompt you to either ‘Run’ the installer file or ‘Save to Disk’. Click ‘Run’ and the installer file will start downloading.
When the download is complete you will be guided through the installation process by the installation wizard. After installation, an icon will appear on your desktop and the software will also appear in your Start Menu. To launch and run the software, simply double click on the icon.
- Mac – depending on the browser you use, the download will either start automatically, or you will be prompted to click ‘Save File’.
Once the download has completed, simply double click on the installation file and follow the prompts – drag the software folder into the Applications folder – then you should be able to open the editor directly from your Applications. The icon can also be dragged down to the dock so that it is easily available.
1.5. How do I update my software? What do I do when I am notified of updates?
If you are connected to the internet, you will be notified of any new updates when you launch your software. You can choose whether you would like to download the updates or not. These updates may include new products, page styles, backgrounds, scrapbook artwork etc.
1.6. I can’t install the software on my Mac, I keep getting the message that it is from an ‘unidentified developer’?
The error is due to your current security settings. You will need to disarm ‘Gatekeeper’ on your Mac temporarily in order to install the software.
Please follow these instructions to install:
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left of your screen
- Open System Preferences in the dropdown
- Click on the ‘Security & Privacy’ icon
- This will open a new window – Under the ‘General’ click on ‘Anywhere’ under the section that says ‘Allow applications downloaded from: ’
- A pop-up will now ask you to confirm your choice ‘ Allow from anywhere’
- You will now be able to install the software by dragging it into your applications folder. You will also be able to pin it to your task bar if you wish.
NB* We suggest that you revert your settings after installation to improve your security on your Mac.
1.6.1 How to disable Gatekeeper in macOS Sierra
The Gatekeeper settings can be found in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. The Gatekeeper options are located beneath “All apps downloaded from:” with the choice of “Anywhere” missing.
Thankfully, the “Anywhere” setting can be restored to Gatekeeper in Sierra with a Terminal command.
First, quit System Preferences if it’s open and then open a new Terminal window. Enter the following command, followed by your admin password when prompted:
sudo spctl –master-disable
Now, relaunch System Preferences and head back to the Gatekeeper settings. You’ll now see that “Anywhere” has been restored. Click the padlock in the lower-left corner to enter your password and make changes, then select “Anywhere” from the list of Gatekeeper options.
The security feature should no longer bug you about apps from unidentified developers.