Add a twist to plastic toy animals and turn them into stylish white photo holders!
What you need:
- A selection of plastic toy animals, available at toy shops and Artsauce (Between the Vida e Caffe and Orms Print Room & Framing, 021 461 0885)
- White spray paint.
- A vice and a hacksaw.
What to do:
- Clamp individual animals in a vice and cut a slit with the hacksaw that will hold the photo.
- Lightly sand the plastic toys, then wipe them with a damp cloth and let them dry.
- Spray paint the toys.
- Insert a photo into the slot. Prints start at R1.85 each at the Orms Lab.
Tips and tricks:
- Plastic toys work better than rubber.
- Spray thin layers of spray paint at a time to ensure even coverage and quicker drying time.