Just as tea and biscuits make the perfect pair, so too do mugs and coasters! If you’re planning on giving a personalised mug, why not add a set of matching coasters?
Our coasters are heat resistant, so they can be used for hot and cold drinks, and their cork bases will protect tabletops from scalding and water marks!
Simply design your custom coasters in our easy-to-use software, place the order and we’ll deliver your personalized coasters straight to your door.
Feeling a little daunted by the idea of designing something on your own? Don’t worry, make an appointment with one of our designers (call: 021 469 1978) and we’ll help you make your ideas come to life.
5 to 7 working days.
Custom Coaster Printing Prices:
All of our coaster printing prices can be accessed via the tab below.
Glossy coaster with a cork backing.
95 x 95 mm square with rounded corners.
Q&A with Bramdon Adams
- Printing Specialist
What kind of printing process do you use?
I use dye sublimation printing.
What does sublimation mean?
Sublimation occurs when a substance is modified from a solid to a gas state without going through a liquid phase.
What is sublimation printing?
Basically, it’s a heat-transfer process.
But, for the techies:
- I print your image in reverse on special paper – the printing dye is heated in our sublimation printer until it turns into a gas, which then diffuses onto the paper and solidifies.
- I then place the reversed image onto the surface of the coaster and heat to temperatures of up to 400 °C.
- Once again, the dye turns into gas and permeates the actual fibres of the coaster’s substrate. It then solidifies, becoming permanently embedded in the coaster’s surface.
All of our coasters are coated with a polymer, making the image transfer process possible.
How do I take care of my personalised coasters?
- Don’t leave your coasters in the sun for long periods of time, as the image might fade.
- The glossy surface of your coaster can be wiped with damp cloth.