The archival properties of the Diasec ® process have made it the benchmark when displaying photographs in galleries and museums across Europe. We are proud to be the sole agent of Diasec® in Africa, making South Africa one of only eight countries licensed to perform this exclusive, face-mounting procedure.
Diasec® is a patented method of face-mounting the image side of a print to transparent acrylic glass, while the back of the print is mounted onto Dibond®. Sandwiched between the acrylic glass and Dibond®, the print is perfectly flat with a high-gloss finish.
Diasec® printing vs Diasec® framing. One of the most common questions we get asked is – what is Diasec printing. Diasec is actually a framing method, and the print is just one part of this process.
Traditional framing isn’t necessary, as a hanging mechanism is attached directly to the Dibond® backing, which floats the artwork 25 mm from the wall. If you prefer a more contemporary look, the Diasec® mounted artwork can be fitted into a frame.
Diasec® is archival.
7 – 10 working days
Learn more about Diasec ® in the video below:
The Diasec ® Method with Orms & Krisjan Rossouw:
Face-mounting process on acrylic glass:
- Unique light refraction properties emphasize colour contrast and detail
- High-gloss finish
- Adhesive substance used contains a UV filter
- Adhesive is acid-free
- 30-year-guaranteed lifespan
- Exhibition quality
- 100% flat: resistant to bowing
Diasec® is available in many sizes.
View Price List:
Q&A with Monique Loeblich
- Framing Consultant
What’s the difference between Diasec® and Dibond®?
- Diasec® is a process whereby an image is pasted onto transparent acrylic glass using a special solution, which is then bonded onto an aluminium plate permanently sealing the image.
- Dibond® is an aluminium composite sheet, which we use in a process whereby we paste an image onto dibond without acrylic glass.
How do I hang my Diasec®?
We attach batten fixings; a simple and effective way to hang your art. It is basically an Aluminium subframe.
How do I clean my artwork?
Even when your Diasec® is handled with care, dirt and impurities like fingerprints can occur.
- Diasec® surfaces should be cleaned manually from top to bottom.
- Dry clean with Vilene or fleece cloth (for mirrored surfaces) – do not add a liquid cleaning agent.
- If dry cleaning is not sufficient, warm water can be used for pre-cleaning then dry with a fleece cloth.
Do not use:
- abrasive pads
- powerful alkaline clean agents (i.e. potassium hydroxide, sodium carbonate or caustic soda)
- powerful acidic products
- heavy abrasive scouring agents