With the popularity of steampunk and all-things industrial on the rise, you too can give your images an edge, by printing them directly onto dibond® with a brushed aluminium finish.
A rising décor trend in America, printing onto metal has gained international popularity in the interior design industry, leading to a surge in demand from up and coming designers and creatives looking to explore the possibilities of this unique substrate.
Industry Leading Metal Printing:
Here at Orms, we’re proud to say that we are one of the first companies in South Africa to offer brushed aluminium prints.
The inks are not archival but through simulated testing, are said to last 75 years out of direct sunlight and 5 years in direct sunlight.
5 working days
- Dibond® with a brushed aluminium finish;
- Standard prints: 3 mm thick;
- Max Print Size: 1500 x 3000 mm;
- White ink off (No white ink used);
- Black and white images recommended;
Recommended framing solution: It is not necessary to frame your metal print as we attach a sub-frame that makes it appear as if it’s floating 25 mm away from the wall. If you wish, your metal print can float in a shadow box frame without glass.
Our maximum print size is 1500 x 3000 mm.
Our standard print sizes are:
- A4 (297 x 210 mm)
- A3 (420 x 297 mm)
- A2 (594 x 420 mm)
- A1 (841 x 594 mm)
- A0 (1189 x 841 mm)
- 200 x 200 mm
- 300 x 300 mm
- 400 x 400 mm
- 500 x 500 mm
- 600 x 600 mm
- 700 x 700 mm
- 800 x 800 mm
- 900 x 900 mm
- 1000 x 1000 mm
Q&A with André Eksteen
- Océ Printing Specialist
What printer do you use?
Swiss Q Flatbed Printer.
What inks do you use?
Sericol solvent inks.
How does it work?
- I print your image directly onto a 3 mm thick piece of dibond® with a brushed aluminium finish.
- I turn off the white ink option, so there is no ink coverage in the white areas on your image, to allow the metal to shine through.
- Our printer uses UV light to dry the ink as soon as it’s applied to the metal for a stronger, more durable print.
- Even though the inks are dried immediately after being printed on the metal, we recommend a 24-hour resting period to prevent any scratching.
- I then attach a sub-frame to the back so your metal print is ready to hang. For print sizes up to and including A1 size I attach a wooden sub-frame. For sizes larger than A1 I attach a metal sub-frame since the substrate needs extra support on the larger sizes.
What is steampunk?
Originating in literature, steampunk has become a décor trend that combines new technology with old-school design – think dark wood, rusty metals and leather.