Perfect for the home or office, printing directly onto Perspex offers a high-gloss, modern finish that creates a simple and stylish centrepiece.
When it comes to Perspex Prints, the beauty is found in the amazing dance between light and substance. Unlike most substrates, perspex prints allow natural light to refract through your artwork, giving your image a 3D feel, while enhancing the colours, brilliance and intensity.
The inks used with perspex prints are not archival, but through simulated testing, are said to last 75 years out of direct sunlight and 5 years in direct sunlight.
5 working days
- Reverse printed onto the back of perspex;
- A1 and smaller: 2 mm thick;
- A0 and larger: 3 mm thick;
- Max. print size: 3000 mm x 2000 mm;
- White ink on;
- Best for images that have very bright colours.
Recommended framing solution: No framing is necessary as our Perspex prints include a sub-frame attached to the back, so they are ready to hang and appear to float 25 mm from the wall. If you wish to frame them, we recommend doing so without glass.
Our maximum print size is 3000 mm x 2000 mm.
Our standard print sizes are:
2 mm thick Perspex:
- A4 (297 x 210 mm)
- A3 (420 x 297 mm)
- A2 (594 x 420 mm)
- A1 (841 x 594 mm)
- 200 x 200 mm
- 300 x 300 mm
- 400 x 400 mm
- 500 x 500 mm
- 600 x 600 mm
- 700 x 700 mm
- 800 x 800 mm
- 900 x 900 mm
- 1000 x 1000 mm
3 mm thick Perspex:
- A0 (1189 x 841 mm)
Q&A with André Eksteen
- Océ Printing Specialist
What printer do you use?
Swiss Q Flatbed Printer
What inks do you use?
UV cured ink.
How does it work?
- I reverse-print your image directly onto 2 mm or 3 mm thick Perspex (acrylic glass).
- When I turn off the white ink, so there is no ink coverage in the white areas of your image, you will see the transparent Perspex in those areas of the image.
- Our printer uses UV light to dry the ink as soon as it’s applied to the Perspex for a stronger, more durable print.
- Even though the inks are dried immediately after being printed on the Perspex, we recommend a 24-hour resting period to prevent any scratching.
- I then attach a sub-frame to the back so your Perspex print is ready to hang. For print sizes up to and including A1 size I attach a wooden sub-frame. For sizes larger than A1 I attach a metal sub-frame since the substrate needs extra support on the larger sizes.
How do I clean my Perspex print?
Soapy water or Windolene are the best products to use. Please do not use any solvents.