Standard Hardcover Photobooks
How often do you look at your digital photographs? Does the idea of sitting at your computer stop you from reliving great memories? Photobooks have changed that!
The photo album of today, Photobooks give you creative control to personalise every page, even the cover, for a bookshop-quality printed book filled with your very own special events and celebrations.
They are the perfect choice for weddings, baby’s first year, holidays, family snaps – whatever you desire. We can even scan your old printed photos so you can add them to your Photobook! They also make extra-special gifts and an ideal choice for a professional portfolio.
We are proud to introduce the new Canon ImagePRESS C8000VP to our fleet. Your favourite photobooks will now be produced on this new high-tech image press. This means that all elements of your book will be printed on our range of quality Canon printers – ensuring colour and quality consistency from your cover to your pages.
If you have printed a series of photobooks with us over the years, you may notice a difference in print between the HP Indigo 5500 and the Canon C8000 ImagePRESS. If you have any concerns or queries, please request a test print to view the output of your files on the new colour press or contact us for more information.
Free Photobook Software:
Our Photobook & Layout Software is entirely free for download, and it works on both Microsoft and Mac computers. Perhaps more importantly, the latest version of our Software makes it easier than ever to create a photo book, with an easy-to-use interface guiding you through every step of the process. It is also worth noting that making a photo book is not your only option, as our Layout Software can also be used to make note books, postcard books, post cards, folding cards, business cards, calendars, mugs, badges, magnets and more…
If you do not have the time to create your own Photobook, or the idea of doing it yourself is a little daunting, why not commission one of our highly creative designers and let them lay it out for you?
ORMS Design services.
Why use a designer? With years of experience processing hundreds of different books, our designers know what works and what doesn’t. They understand how to get the most out of your photos, and can give you expert creative guidance that will improve the production quality of your book.
If you have a strong understanding of what your book should look like, our designers make it easy to achieve. If you have no idea what you want, they can do all the work for you.
You’ll find all you need to know about having your Photobook designed by us here or call 021 469 1987 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Please note that having your book designed will have an impact on the standard turnaround time.
Portfolio Binder & Photo book Guidelines
(click on a document to download)
- Photo book (Lightroom);
- Photo book (Photos / iPhoto);
- Photo book (InDesign);
- Photo book (Photoshop).
7 – 10 working days (excluding design time)
Orms Photobook Prices:
Our photobook printing prices can be accessed via the tab below. It is also worth noting that our Photobook software is entirely free for download.
Pages paper finish:
- Premium Coated – 170 gsm (Neo Star Matt). We chose this paper as it meets the highest-quality whiteness standards. (Default Paper);
- Smooth Art Paper – 160 gsm (Splendorgel). Extra white uncoated paper with a velvet smooth finish. Made with ECF pulp, FSC certified. Paper is acid, chlorine and heavy metal free and has a long life rating;
- Textured Art Paper – 140gsm (Tintoretto Gesso).
White uncoated paper with a felt-finish texture both sides. Made with environmentally friendly ECF pulp, FSC certified. Paper is acid, chlorine and heavy metal free and has a long life rating.
Choose between black or white.
Leatherette, Wibalin or Linen finish in a variety of colours.
Portrait & Landscape:
- A6, 28–48 pages
- A5, 28–62 pages
- A4, 28–100 pages
- A3, 28–100 pages
- 200 x 200 mm, 28–84 pages
- 300 x 300 mm, 28–100 pages
Photobook Price Calculator:
Q&A with Create & Print Queries
What printer do you use?
All Photo books are printed on the Canon C8000 Digital Colour Production.
How does it work?
- Download our FREE Orms Create & Print software for Mac* or PC. (You can also transfer the Software onto your USB Flash Drive in store .)
- Follow the step-by-step instructions and create your book:
- Use our ready-made templates
- Customise your layout completely with as many photos and as much text as you like.
- Personalise your cover – matte, gloss and cream linen are our most popular options.
If you’re a little daunted by our Photobook & Layout Software, we offer FREE 90-min classes to guide you through the design process. To book a class today, simply follow this link to choose an appropriate date and venue.
- Place your order online via the software or follow the easy steps and bring it in on a USB/flash stick.
- We’ll print your book to your specifications, then bind it by hand (stitched and glued), wrap it in tissue paper and present it in a beautiful black Wibalin box.
- It usually takes 5–7 working days to print a Photo book.
- We ship anywhere – Don’t worry if you aren’t based in Cape Town – we will ship straight to you!
*Mac users: We can also print Photo books created in iPhoto!
What does a Personalised Hardcover entail?
A Personalised Hardcover is fully customisable with your own image or design. This can be finished with matte or gloss lamination or printed on white canvas.
What does a Standard Hardcover entail?
A Standard Hardcover can be finished with your choice of Leatherette, Wibalin® or Linen. Debossing and Foiling can also be added to the cover.
What is Leatherette?
Leatherette is imitation Leather.
What is Wibalin®?
Wibalin® is a durable paper based covering material with a linen texture.
What is Debossing and Foiling?
Debossing is the process of pressing or sinking an image or design into the material. We can deboss text on a Leatherette, Linen or Wibalin Cover. Fonts available are Times New Roman and Granby Medium,
Foiling is the process of pressing metallic foil into the Debossing. Foiling is available in clear, silver, gold or copper.
What are endpapers?
These are the pages at the back and front of the book that bind the inside of the book to its cover.