Give your photos an organic feel, textural warmth and a contemporary edge by having them printed directly onto wood.
The beauty of printing onto wood is that the lines of the grain and the colour of the wood are visible through your image. And, since every piece of wood has a different grain, every piece you print will be unique!
The inks are not archival but through simulated testing, are said to last 75 years out of direct sunlight and 5 years in direct sunlight.
5 working days
Wood Printing Prices:
All of our wood printing prices can be accessed via the tabs below.
- Standard: 9 mm thick maple-finish plywood;
- Customized: If you find wood you’d like to try, bring it in and we’ll test it;
- Max. print size: 2550 x 1250 mm;
- White ink off (No white ink used);
- Images with large areas of white are recommended.
Recommended framing solution: Hang as is! Our wooden prints come with a wooden hanging mechanism attached that makes the artwork appear as if it’s floating 25 mm away from the wall.
Our maximum print size is 2550 x 1250 mm.
Our standard print sizes are:
- A4 (297 x 210 mm)
- A3 (420 x 297 mm)
- A2 (594 x 420 mm)
- A1 (841 x 594 mm)
- A0 (1189 x 841 mm)
- 200 x 200 mm
- 300 x 300 mm
- 400 x 400 mm
- 500 x 500 mm
- 600 x 600 mm
- 700 x 700 mm
- 800 x 800 mm
- 900 x 900 mm
- 1000 x 1000 mm
Q&A with André Eksteen
- Océ Printing Specialist
What printer do you use?
Swiss Q Flatbed Printer.
What inks do you use?
Sericol solvent inks.
How does it work?
- I print your image directly onto a 9 mm thick piece of maple-finished plywood.
- I turn off the white ink option, so the white areas in your image are left uncoated, to allow the natural texture and grain of the wood to show through and become part of your artwork.
- Our printer uses UV light to dry the ink as soon as it’s applied to the wood for a stronger, more durable print.
- Even though the inks are dried immediately after being printed on the wood, we recommend a 24-hour resting period to prevent any scratching.
- We then attach a wooden sub-frame to the back so your wood print is ready to hang.
Can I bring my own wood?
Please do! I am always up for the challenge of printing onto different types of wood, and getting it right!