We are living in the most documented time in history, with the invention of camera phones and apps like Instagram, giving us the chance to offer new creative printing solutions so you can get the most out of your photos!
Go from Instagram to instant art by printing your digital pics directly onto wooden blocks that come ready to hang! We offer blocks in the popular square format (used by programmes like Instagram) and the traditional 3×2 ratio.
Inks are not archival but through simulated testing, inks are said to last 75 years out of direct sunlight and 5 years in direct sunlight.
4 – 5 working days
Wooden Block Printing Prices:
Our wooden block prices can be accessed via the tab below. Substrate and size guides are also available.
- We use 16 mm MDF (medium-density fibreboard);
- White ink off.
- 150 x 150 mm;
- 200 x 200 mm;
- 200 x 150 mm.
- Mobile photographs or illustrations;
- If you choose one of the square formats, you will need to provide us with square images.
Recommended framing solution: Framing is not recommended, as the blocks are ready to hang as is!
Q&A with André Eksteen
- Océ Printing Specialist
What printer do you use?
Swiss Q Flatbed Printer.
What inks do you use?
UV cured ink.
How does it work?
- I prepare the surface of the 16 mm thick MDF (medium-density fibreboard) with a textured gloss paint.
- I print your image directly onto the prepared surface of the wooden block, resulting in a textured, gloss finish.
- Our printer uses UV light to dry the ink as soon as it’s applied to the wood for a stronger, more durable print.
- Even though the inks are dried immediately after being printed on the wood, we recommend a 24-hour resting period to prevent any scratching.